FREE LOCAL DELIVERY IN BELGIUM. DHL Express Shipping Worldwide
January 30, 2017
Your skin might feel more dry and sometimes dull or itchy or irritated during the colder months. That's because cold air outside and A/C air inside is very dry and strips your skin from its moisture. By hydrating well and taking extra care of your skin during winter you help bring back the glow to your skin and make up surely looks better on well hydrated skin that is smoother with less cracks.
But before we proceed further it's important to clarify the difference between dry and dehydrated skin. Dehydrated skin is a temporary state. Its structure is not dry but at a certain point in time it's lacking water or its hydro-lipid shield is weakened. Dry skin is a skin type and it means that your skin structure lacks lipids. Whether dry or dehydrated both skins will benefit from the below tips during the colder months:
1. Cleansing routine. As this is the base and most important part of your skincare routine it is important not to exacerbate the problem by using products that might irritate or dry the skin further. Stay away from products that contain soap and detergent, sulfates and other potential drying and irritating ingredients. Chose an oil base cleanser such as our Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser. Use it as the first step in your double cleansing routine at night to remove make up, dirt and environmental impurities without stripping your skin from its moisture barrier. If you have combination skin or skin that is prone to break outs follow it with a gentle gel cleanser such as our Susanne Kaufmann's Cleansing Gel to make sure no oil residue remains on your skin.
2. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. The most important thing during the colder months is to hydrate your skin and help it retain and attract moisture throughout the day. It is very important that you hydrate with a quality moisturizer. Ditch low quality moisturizers full of silicon that gives you an "artificial" feeling of hydration by coating your skin with a soft film that just sits on your skin and blocks your pores. Chose a moisturizer that includes a quality Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate the deep layers of your skin and oils such as avocado oil, jojoba oil, rose hip oil and others that have natural benefits for skin's hydration. In our selection of moisturizers the best ones to walk you through the harsh cold weather are our Repairative Moisturizer or Rebuilding Moisturizer from Tata Harper. Since all skin types can also experience dehydration in the winter months, be careful in selecting the right moisturizer for your skin type (sensitive skin, combination skin, acne prone skin etc).
3. Exfoliate and Tone. Regular exfoliation is necessary to remove flaky and dead skin cells so that the moisturizer you apply is fully absorbed by your skin and not by dead skin cells sitting on the surface. Depending on your skin type and sensitivities chose the right exfoliating system for you (manual, enzyme, fruit acids). We can advise you on what type and product to use based on your skin type just pass by or call us. Our Original Konjac Sponge is always a good idea to use regularly for some manual light and soft surface exfoliation, it is suitable for all skin types and can be used daily. Toners are also important and yes necessary for many reasons. One of them is to increase your hydration level. I'm in love with Tata Harper amazing Hydrating Floral Essence packed with florals, humectants and hyaluronic acid. It can be used right after your cleanser and before your serums and moisturizer and all through the day on top of your make up just spritz a few sprays and get an instant hydration boost. I am addicted to this one. It's always in my bag or on my desk.
4. Don't forget your hands and lips. Hands drying and lips cracking during the winter is also a common problem. Look after your hands now you will thank us later :) We can't but recommend our hero hand creams like Aurelia's Aromatic Repair & Brighten Hand Cream or Susanne Kaufmann's Hand Lotion. For your lips keep in your bag ILIA's tinted lip conditioner to sooth and condition your lips with great shades or our Hurraw! balms that are 100% natural.
5. Lifestyle. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Dehydrated skin is in need of extra water intake through the day, this is MAJOR. Also look at your diet, eat Omega 3 rich food such as Oily Fish (Salmon), Flaxseed Oil, Chia Seeds etc. Try adding a humidifier to your indoor space or a bowl of water next to a heat source to humidify the atmosphere in your rooms.
June 06, 2023
May 31, 2023
July 16, 2022