Peppermint Oil is obtained from the leaves of the peppermint plant. This essential oil is proven to be a remedy for headaches and it is very effective in relieving anxiety and improve memory and respiration. Studies have shown that it is composed of menthol and menthone which is why it is commonly used in toothpastes, balms, and creams. Its chemical composition allows it to act as an antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, and an antimicrobial.
How to use
- Apply 2-3 drops on the area of concern to relieve joint and muscle pain three times daily. - Apply 2-3 drops on temples, back, or chest in order to provide respiratory benefits and allergy relief. - Add 1-2 drops to a large glass of water to increase energy. - Apply 2-3 drops on the forehead, and back of the neck to relieve headache. - Rub 1-2 drops behind the ears or inhale to reduce nausea. - Add 2-3 drops to your shampoo or massage into the scalp to reduce dandruff and boost hair growth.
- This essential oil is to be avoided during pregnancy and lactation
- Do not apply more than the recommended amount.
- Should not be used on children under 7 years, due to toxicity side effects.
- Avoid usage if you have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, or gallbladder problems.
- Avoid usage if you are taking antacids.
Mentha piperita essential oil